Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (Ortho) is a global leader of in vitro diagnostics. Ortho serves two primary industries in the medical field: clinical laboratories, by producing platforms and assays that test for a variety of diseases, conditions, and substances; and immunohematology, by providing the means to ensure blood transfusion recipients receive appropriate and compatible blood.
With a history of more than 75 years, Ortho is a pioneer in life-impacting advances in diagnostics. Worldwide across hospitals, hospital networks, blood banks and labs, Ortho’s high-quality products and services enable health care professionals to make better-informed treatment decisions. Headquartered in Raritan, NJ, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics has approximately 4,300 employees serving customers in more than 120 countries.
Ortho is recruiting and retaining the best and brightest around the world. People, who are performance driven, want to make a difference and who help Ortho grow their leadership position in a changing marketplace. The power to reimagine starts with empowered people, who are empowered to grow and given the chance to succeed in ways they hadn’t thought possible before.
Ortho’s purpose is simple: to improve and save lives with diagnostics. They do that by reimagining what’s possible. It’s what defines them. It’s the Ortho difference.
Ortho is an independent company, sponsored by The Carlyle Group, one of the world’s largest and most successful investment firms. The company's executive leadership team has extensive diagnostic experience and a strong heritage of driving market change and innovation. Ortho is a strong brand with solid positions in attractive, growing segments and regions.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Product Support Specialist is a technical representative, responsible for providing product support on the Ortho range of equipment, reagents and consumables to customers and employees of Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics. The role involves pre and post equipment installation activities that include advising on laboratory procedures, technical specifications, coordinating equipment installation and commissioning, training, lectures and presentations, and subsequent support in conjunction with the Ortho European Support centre, Strasbourg, France.
The Product Support Specialist is also expected to work together with Sale Representatives/ Account Manager when required.
• Customer Support: Customer Support (both on site and on the telephone to customers) and customer communication on support and technical issues following relevant Ortho procedures
• Installation: Co-ordination of equipment installation and commissioning following relevant Ortho procedures
• Customer training: Customer Training including technical training, lectures and presentations
• Meetings: Attendance at meetings (Sale & technical Support) including Training Courses
• Sales support: Support to Sales Team including joint visits, data provision for tenders, planning/arranging/attending User meetings, attendance at Exhibitions including set up of equipment, demonstrations and dealing with technical queries
• Handle issues related to accreditation and environmental requirements and regulations and Ortho products and procedures
• Perform other work related duties as assigned
- Experience from working in a hospital/industrial laboratory environment. Supervisory experience is useful due to the nature of the role.
- Blood banking and serology experience is essential
- Minimum education level is Medical Lab technician/ Bioanalytiker
- Experience with the Company´s products would be an advantage but not obligatory.
- Experience giving lectures and presentations.
- A full clean driving license is essential.
- Fluent Danish language is a must.
Interpersonal & Influencing skills: Ability to operate in a team environment as well as in isolation is important. Tact and diplomacy are often required when dealing with customers and colleagues.
Ability to gain co-operation and consensus both within and between work groups including external agencies is important. To handle confidently objections and provide alternatives to customers and colleagues is also important.
At Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, we are proud of the empowering, inclusive and innovative culture we are growing. Our team is passionate about our work, and brings deep knowledge, industry experience and diverse thinking that drive results, making Ortho a place to grow your career.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your privacy is important to us. By continuing to use our site to apply to this position, you agree to our Candidate Notice, which outlines our privacy policies on information collected during the hiring process.