Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (Ortho) is a global leader of in vitro diagnostics. It serves two primary industries in the medical field; clinical laboratories, providing products that test for a variety of diseases and conditions and immunoheamatology that provides the means to ensure blood transfusion recipients receive appropriate and compatible blood. We are the global market leader in immunoheamatology and one of the top five global companies in the clinical lab space.
With a history of more than 75 years, Ortho is a pioneer in life-impacting advances in diagnostics. Worldwide across hospitals, blood banks and labs, Ortho’s high quality products and services enable health care professionals to make better-informed treatment decisions. Our purpose is simple – to save lives with diagnostics.
One of Ortho’s key manufacturing sites is based in Pencoed, South Wales, employing around 400 people. The continued success of the company means that we are introducing another production line to support the growth in volume of our immunoheamatology products.
This is great news for the site and as a result we are now recruiting into a number of roles across our Manufacturing Production areas, ready to start this increased production between March and June of 2018.
Deadline for applications is 30-11-2017.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
As the company continues to grow, we are seeking a new addition to our Quality Operations Laboratory team.
• Laboratory or Production Line work desirable You will be responsible for performing and analysing blood grouping tests, antigen-antibody tests and antibody titration tests related to the quality control and release of the blood grouping products.
• Laboratory or Production Line work desirable You will ideally have previous experience of working in a Biomedical laboratory and/or a HNC or degree in Biomedical Sciences.
• Laboratory or Production Line work desirable Working within our Quality Operations Laboratory you will be required to work a day shift pattern.
*Recruitment and selection will be through internal assessment centres, which will take place mid-January 2018.
Start date of the successful candidates will be in March-May 2018.*
• Laboratory or Production Line work desirable
• Basic Maths and English essential
• Basic Science background preferred
• Ability to learn complex tasks within the Work Centre
• Ability to perform basic problem solving and adhere to the Credo when making decisions
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals so that an individual can perform their job related duties. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and require special assistance or an accommodation to apply due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your privacy is important to us. By continuing to use our site to apply to this position, you agree to our Candidate Notice, which outlines our privacy policies on information collected during the hiring process.