Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (Ortho) is a global leader of in vitro diagnostics. Ortho serves two primary industries in the medical field: clinical laboratories, by producing platforms and assays that test for a variety of diseases, conditions, and substances; and immunohematology, by providing the means to ensure blood transfusion recipients receive appropriate and compatible blood.
With a history of more than 75 years, Ortho is a pioneer in life-impacting advances in diagnostics. Worldwide across hospitals, hospital networks, blood banks and labs, Ortho’s high-quality products and services enable health care professionals to make better-informed treatment decisions. Headquartered in Raritan, NJ, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics has approximately 4,300 employees serving customers in more than 120 countries.
Ortho is recruiting and retaining the best and brightest around the world. People, who are performance driven, want to make a difference and who help Ortho grow their leadership position in a changing marketplace. The power to reimagine starts with empowered people, who are empowered to grow and given the chance to succeed in ways they hadn’t thought possible before.
Ortho’s purpose is simple: to improve and save lives with diagnostics. They do that by reimagining what’s possible. It’s what defines them. It’s the Ortho difference.
Ortho is an independent company, sponsored by The Carlyle Group, one of the world’s largest and most successful investment firms. The company's executive leadership team has extensive diagnostic experience and a strong heritage of driving market change and innovation. Ortho is a strong brand with solid positions in attractive, growing segments and regions.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
As the company continues to grow, we are seeking an Account Manager UK.
Schedules appointments and makes pre-planned sales presentations to customers utilising core marketing selling tools and product knowledge.
• Actively seeks and sells to potential new customers.
• Demonstrate the platforms and products confidently to potential and existing customers.
• Promotes and coordinates professional education activities where appropriate to enhance the knowledge of health care professionals. This may include travel abroad.
• Makes regular visits to customer locations to ensure quality of our products and equipment is actively monitored, to gather information on orders and market conditions.
• Performs contract renewals/ extensions and tender management activities in conjunction with the commercial team.
• Develops customer and product focused presentation packages aligned to our core marketing campaign.
• Prepares sales reports and documents as detailed by the Sales manager.
• Follows up with customers to resolve any supply and quality issues and ensure satisfaction.
• Provides input to sales forecasting for business planning.
• Relays relevant market information to the marketing and management teams.
• Identifies potential impacts to business by a thorough understanding of the NHS landscape and emerging networks.
• Identifies competitor activities and actively manages the sales process to enhance our positioning .
• Remains up to date on competitor activities, feeding into the sales, support and commercial team at regular intervals.
• Actively utilises the competency framework to self-drive high performance.
• Maintains and updates CRM (SalesForce) regularly in line with the needs of the business.
Degree Level is preferred from a relevent scientific discipline.
Desirable: GCSE or equivalent in Maths, English, Science
Desirable: Previous experience in NHS Pathology laboratory.
Desirable: Previous experience in Medcial diagnostic/device sales.
Desirable: Previous experience with Ortho products.
Understanding of NHS Pathology.
• Full current UK driving license.
• Ability to travel extensively in the UK with overnight stays and occasional European and Worldwide travel.
• Ability to drive results and associated tasks within territory, aligned with the key business objectives.
• Shows customer focus, anticipating and meeting customer needs, proving prompt follow-up when and where required.
• Instils trust from customer base and internal stakeholders.
• Maintains integrity and professional code of conduct.
• Ability to demonstrate situational adaptability and flexibility to the changing needs of the business and customer requirements.
• Able to demonstrate and delivery continual good judgment in routine, day-to-day decision making and differentiate between both urgent and non-urgent situations.
• Uses good judgement about whether to act independently or to escalate an issue.
• Collaborates. Sharing of information with others promoting best-practice and peer-to-peer knowledge transfer to accomplish individual, group and business objectives.
Welcomes and acknowledges ideas and input from colleagues.
Evidence of Commercial and Business acumen.
Evidence of negiotaition skills.
Evidence of previous success in sales role.
Basic understanding of Pathology based Clinical Biochemistry, Transfusion Medicine.
Proficient use of Microsoft Office.
Ability to delivery presentations via powerpoint and other software media.
Understanding of IT network topology and Pathology LIMS.
Understanding of regulatory requirements pertinent to the relevent pathology discipline e.g. UKAS, MHRA, ISO 15189, BSCH etc.
At Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, we are proud of the empowering, inclusive and innovative culture we are growing. Our team is passionate about our work, and brings deep knowledge, industry experience and diverse thinking that drive results, making Ortho a place to grow your career.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your privacy is important to us. By continuing to use our site to apply to this position, you agree to our Candidate Notice, which outlines our privacy policies on information collected during the hiring process.