Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (Ortho) is a global leader of in vitro diagnostics. Ortho serves two primary industries in the medical field: clinical laboratories, by producing platforms and assays that test for a variety of diseases, conditions, and substances; and immunohematology, by providing the means to ensure blood transfusion recipients receive appropriate and compatible blood.
With a history of more than 75 years, Ortho is a pioneer in life-impacting advances in diagnostics. Worldwide across hospitals, hospital networks, blood banks and labs, Ortho’s high-quality products and services enable health care professionals to make better-informed treatment decisions. Headquartered in Raritan, NJ, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics has approximately 4,300 employees serving customers in more than 120 countries.
Ortho is recruiting and retaining the best and brightest around the world. People, who are performance driven, want to make a difference and who help Ortho grow their leadership position in a changing marketplace. The power to reimagine starts with empowered people, who are empowered to grow and given the chance to succeed in ways they hadn’t thought possible before.
Ortho’s purpose is simple: to improve and save lives with diagnostics. They do that by reimagining what’s possible. It’s what defines them. It’s the Ortho difference.
Ortho is an independent company, sponsored by The Carlyle Group, one of the world’s largest and most successful investment firms. The company's executive leadership team has extensive diagnostic experience and a strong heritage of driving market change and innovation. Ortho is a strong brand with solid positions in attractive, growing segments and regions.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
As the company continues to grow, we are seeking a Commercial Finance Analyst to join our team in Strasbourg.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly & yearly closing for Paris activities in time with reliable and accurate figures (Sales, OCNIS, Opex & OI&E)
• Be responsible of Financial Analysis of commercial business (sales, COGS, inventory, placement of instruments.) and ensure the reliability of the Financial reporting
• Prepare budget (AOP, 6+6 and 9+3) and analyse the variances with actual. Review monthly forecast of sales with sales team
• Prepare figures and explanations for presentation for sales meeting or EMEA meeting
• Support the sales force with accurate and commercially focused reporting on sales performance, margins, forecasting and product profitability.
• Be a business partner for commercial activity and provide knowledge and support in Financial matter
• Diligently manage the accuracy of Standard Costs within COGNOS. Ensure all changes & deviations to costs and profit are analyzed and understood, and updates are performed in a timely manner where necessary.
• Proactively engage with other functions (Portfolio Management, Data, Vendor Supported Pricing) to identify issues and solutions with standard costs. Seek opportunities to increase both accuracy and efficiency.
• Provide EMEA team with accurate figures and reliable explanations about Paris activities (mainly sales and commercial activity)
• Prepare monthly and quarterly bonus of sales team in accordance with goals and sales figures
• Maintain good relationship with internal and external auditors and provide information requested
• Collaborate with FSS team based in Prague (mainly AR and AP) and his colleagues in other business to allow an efficient work and accurate Financial reports
• Regularly update the procedures related to his position
• Be responsible of SOX and internal audit control
• Performs other duties as assigned
Business School or equivalent qualification/experience in accountancy (Bac+5)
At least 4-5 years in relevant similar work experience.
Knowledge and experience of SAP and/or JDE but also in COGNOS; competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
Good level in English
Competent in analysing data to highlight key issues and anomalies.
Confident communicator at all levels. Able to co-ordinate with other departments to identify root causes and develop solutions.
Strong commercial awareness, able to interrogate data to understand key drivers.
Attention to detail and highly analytical.
To work effectively with others at all levels to accomplish goals.
The ability to identify and resolve problems and to manage the priorities
At Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, we are proud of the empowering, inclusive and innovative culture we are growing. Our team is passionate about our work, and brings deep knowledge, industry experience and diverse thinking that drive results, making Ortho a place to grow your career.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your privacy is important to us. By continuing to use our site to apply to this position, you agree to our Candidate Notice, which outlines our privacy policies on information collected during the hiring process.