Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (Ortho) is a global leader of in vitro diagnostics. Ortho serves two primary industries in the medical field: clinical laboratories, by producing platforms and assays that test for a variety of diseases, conditions, and substances; and immunohematology, by providing the means to ensure blood transfusion recipients receive appropriate and compatible blood.
With a history of more than 75 years, Ortho is a pioneer in life-impacting advances in diagnostics. Worldwide across hospitals, hospital networks, blood banks and labs, Ortho’s high-quality products and services enable health care professionals to make better-informed treatment decisions. Headquartered in Raritan, NJ, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics has approximately 4,300 employees serving customers in more than 120 countries.
Ortho is recruiting and retaining the best and brightest around the world. People, who are performance driven, want to make a difference and who help Ortho grow their leadership position in a changing marketplace. The power to reimagine starts with empowered people, who are empowered to grow and given the chance to succeed in ways they hadn’t thought possible before.
Ortho’s purpose is simple: to improve and save lives with diagnostics. They do that by reimagining what’s possible. It’s what defines them. It’s the Ortho difference.
Ortho is an independent company, sponsored by The Carlyle Group, one of the world’s largest and most successful investment firms. The company's executive leadership team has extensive diagnostic experience and a strong heritage of driving market change and innovation. Ortho is a strong brand with solid positions in attractive, growing segments and regions.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
As the company continues to grow, we are looking to recruit highly driven individual ideally with a Masters/PhD in a science related subject.
The successful candidate will work with a team of scientist within the Technical Support Team, supporting the manufacture of existing Vitros and Biovue Products, and the introduction of new products
The role will include the following:
- Troubleshoot existing Products through manufacture, testing and release.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of our processes and the use of process excellence tools, such as Design of Experiment.
- Support of the introduction of New Products.
- Development of new methods and identification of Critical to Quality inputs.
- Short and Longer term Improvement Projects for Quality and Cost.
· Relevant experience in a related industry or function.
· Proven ability to participate in and effectively lead cross-functional project teams.
· Proven track record of contributing to and driving through process improvements using six sigma tools within a highly regulated environment.
Specific Technical Skills
· A detailed understanding of the principles of immunoassay and the factors affecting performance is essential.
· Familiarity with Process Excellence tools
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft office tools for communication and reporting.
· Working knowledge of DOE application.
· Structured problem solving methodologies.
· Structured risk assessment application (e.g. FMEA).
· Minitab or other statistical analysis.
· Six Sigma Process Excellence certification to Green Belt level.
· Lean Methodologies knowledge.
We are looking to recruit highly driven individual ideally with a Masters/PhD in a science related subject. The successful candidate will have proven track record of the ability to work as an Individual Contributor and part of a team/ lead team as required.
Minimum of a Degree and preferably a Masters/PhD in a science subject such as Chemistry / Biochemistry or equivalent, or relevant experience.
· Positive attitude.
· Continuous Improvement orientation.
· Flexible - Calmly reacts to the unexpected.
· Credible – Accountable for decisions.
· Results focused.
· Innovation – lateral thought.
· Organised – Able to cope with extensive documentation and project planning requirements.
· Honest and open.
At Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, we are proud of the empowering, inclusive and innovative culture we are growing. Our team is passionate about our work, and brings deep knowledge, industry experience and diverse thinking that drive results, making Ortho a place to grow your career.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your privacy is important to us. By continuing to use our site to apply to this position, you agree to the Candidate Notice below that is applicable to where you reside, which outlines our privacy policies on information collected during the hiring process.